Saturday, July 11, 2009

Wardrobe Refashion

Wardrobe Refashion

Is a fantastic blog based in Melbourne, Australia, encouraging it's viewers to recycle and upcycle unwanted posessions.

The slogan on their home page reads:

'I pledge that I shall refashion, renovate and recycle preloved items for myself for the term of my contract. I pledge that I shall create and craft items of clothing for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract.'

Those that take the pledge are also encouraged to post images, comment and give advice to other makers about their creations.

It's great to see a community website based around upcycling, reuse and DIY fashion. It is a platform for all people to showcase their creations, regardless of ability. The key link is enthusiasm and an interest in sustainability and DIY clothing. Realising the potential of clothing and extending the life cycle of unwanted clothing to create unique garment designs remains at the heart of upcycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment