Monday, November 09, 2009

Co-Design

I went to a lecture by PHD student Jennifer Ballie on Friday around the concept of the Co-Design relating to the Fashion and Textile Industry.

I was not aware of the concepts behind Co-design and it was so interesting and relevant to my MA to hear about such an exciting area.

• Mass customisation v customisation
• Fashion systems
• Participatory play
• Open source fashion
• Design and fashion activism
• Transformation design

As well as learning about the 6 core areas of Co-Design I also noted some fab websites that I can't believe I hadn't heard of before!!

check out
• threadless.com
• burdastyle.com
• SANS homemade
• Cute circuit
• Trashionista
• Hacking couture NYC
• Alabama Chanln
• Howies ‘Do Lectures’
• ThreadBanger.com

No comments:

Post a Comment